Saturday, June 13, 2015

Day 13: Lessons from Joseph's Life

Notice that today begins the "Practicing" section of the 40 Days.

Levison is giving another example about how the Holy Spirit does not just sweep into a person and magically do something for which the seeds have not already been sown. As Levison states, God used Joseph in a powerful way, but the wisdom and discernment that Joseph used was developed under less than ideal circumstances.

I can identify with the sentiments Levison shares in the last paragraph. "I want to be a person with the Spirit of God in me. I just don't want to do what it takes to be that person. I want wisdom the easy way. I want a burst of inspiration, but I don't want to serve stints in prison--or any other hopeless, hapless, endless, seemingly useless years of waiting and boredom and aging and deteriorating..."

I, too, pray with Levison the prayer at the end of the devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment