Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day 10: Big Changes Begin with Small Disciplines

In case you're keeping track, today marks the 1/4 mark through the 40 Days with the Holy Spirit. I hope that you have been encouraged, challenged, and stimulated with it.

The key to this devotion to me is the sentence that I used as the title of this post: "Big changes begin with small disciplines." Maybe I might add "...small disciplines applied repeatedly or consistently." Prayer was a central part of Peter's life, trying to follow in the path of Jesus: it wasn't a one off event.

I like the way he summarizes what happened in Acts 10.
1.  Discipline--prayer--precedes the presence of the Spirit.
2.  Deliberation--puzzling--precedes the presence of the Spirit.
3.  Direction--a word of the Spirit--follows prayer and puzzling.


No comments:

Post a Comment