Friday, March 13, 2015

A Beautiful Morning



This is the view from my window this morning: in the distance you can see Lake Victoria. It is really beautiful. WVU has a contract with this hotel in Entebbe so we always stay here our first night. I have always had a room on a lower floor so the trees have blocked my view, so I was delighted to actually have this view of the lake.

Below is a picture of the inside of the hotel, the Imperial Resort Beach Hotel. It amazes me because this is a large hotel and I have never been here when there have been more than just a handful of people. I wonder how they can afford to stay open.




I am waiting in the lobby for Miriam to pick me up and head for Kampala. I normally bring gifts for Beth's and my sponsored children, but because I came a week early and and didn't have an extra bag I didn't have much room for that. So Miriam is going to take me to some stores on our way to Wakiso where I can buy gifts for them.

It also turns out that I will be speaking about marriage to a group of Christian couples to which Fulukas and Miriam belong and whose focus is strengthening their marriages. Last July when I was here Miriam asked if I might meet with them and do some teaching, and I said I would be willing to do that at some point. She took the initiative and set up a time for tomorrow evening. We are invited to dinner at one of the couples homes after which I will speak. It's a good thing that I have the marriage seminar materials with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment