Saturday, March 7, 2015

Arrived in Arusha

I arrived at Kilimanjaro airport in Tanzania safely around 8:30 pm yesterday. Since I was sitting near the front, I was able to get off fairly quickly and made it through customs quickly. My bag was already on the conveyor belt so I picked it up and headed outside. There my driver, Mr. Mwanga, was waiting for me and we headed for Arusha, about a 45 minute drive away. I am staying at the New Safari Hotel where the conference on Tuesday and Wednesday will be held.

My hope on this visit is that I will actually be able to see Mt. Kilimanjaro. On my third visit I saw the peak from the air as we arrived in Tanzania, but other than that it has been completely covered in clouds, so completely that I haven't even been able to see the base of the mountain. Last night it was clear when I arrived--the sky was full of stars--but it was so dark, I couldn't see it. Arusha is too far away to see it, so my next chance will be on Thursday when I fly to Entebbe. If I am successful, I will try to take a picture of it and post it on the blog.

This morning I am in the lobby of the hotel awaiting the arrival of my host here, Daniel Muvengi who is on the World Vision Tanzania staff. I will be attending church with him and his family. He has three children: Hope who is 16, Shalom who is 13, and Fadhili (which means Mercy) who is 9. I haven't met his wife or Hope yet, both of whom were visiting relatives in Nairobi when I went to church with him a year ago.

Thank you for your prayers and please keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment