Sunday, March 8, 2015

One More Time...

Yesterday afternoon I visited my driver’s, Mr. Mwanga’s, home. He lives on the east side of Arusha. His wife was just heading out to meet up with someone and I didn’t understand her first name, but she seemed very friendly. They have three sons: Hussein, Hassan, and Hushein (not sure of the spelling of the youngest son’s name). His oldest son is 23 and is attending the police academy, Hassan is 18 has just taken exams and waiting to see where he will be going to school. He is a great young man. His English is excellent and we had a nice conversation. He likes science and especially biology. Here is a picture of Mr. Mwanga and his two younger sons.





Since it was a beautiful day and I didn’t have anything scheduled, I asked if he could drive me to a point where I could view Mt. Kilimanjaro. We agreed on a price and headed out: it was about ½ hour drive. As we drove the haze became thicker and thicker in the distance, and when we arrived at the bend in the road where the mountain is visible, it was total haze. I couldn’t see anything.  He told me that the day before the mountain was as clear as a bell. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment