Monday, October 24, 2022

Zeroing In

 It's hard to believe that I will be leaving for Tanzania in three days! Since 2008 I have travelled to East Africa at least once a year and sometimes twice a year and that ended with the onset of COVID. My last trip occurred in August of 2019. So I am excited about going there again after a three year hiatus.

George and Sayuni sent me the itinerary for my trip:

If you look on the far right of the schedule you will see the dates of the events. In Africa they put the day followed by the month followed by the year instead of month, day, and year as we do. The trip from Arusha to Dodoma takes about five hours by car. Dodoma is the capital city and is in the center of Tanzania. I first visited Dodoma in 2019 where we did a marriage workshop. The one thing I will do that is not on the schedule is some couples counseling in Arusha later in the day on 11/5/2022 after we return from Dodoma. On Sunday I will worship at George and Sayuni's church and on Monday I will start my trek back to Boston. I would greatly apprciate your prayers for this trip, for safe travels, and an effective ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment