Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Preparations for Tanzania

 It has been about seven years since I have had an entry on my blog. But I thought I would bring it back to life in preparation for my trip to Tanzania next week. I am heading out on Thursday evening, October 27th and returning early afternoon on Tuesday, November 8th. I fly from Boston to Amsterdam where I have a several hour layover and then head out for Kilimanjaro airport, Tanzania, and arrive in the evening of October 28th. They are seven hours ahead of EDT. 

I have probably been to Tanzania about eight times, but I have never been able to see Mt. Kilimanjaro in broad daylight because it is always socked in with clouds. One time at dusk I was heading to the airport and I was able to make it out in the distance, but it was fairly dark and hard to see. Maybe on this trip I will see it in broad daylight. There have been a few occasions that after taking off, Mt. Kilimanjaro has been visible above the clouds. Here is a picture I took from the aircraft as I was leaving Tanzania in 2016 .


I plan to discuss more of the trip before I head out and I hope to keep it up to date while I am in Tanzania.


No comments:

Post a Comment