Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Morning of the Last Day in Gulu

This is our last day in Gulu. We just finished devotions at the Gulu Cluster headquarters and will be heading out to see a farm project in the Koro-Bobi ADP area. But we are not at the Coffee Hut waiting for our lattes before heading out. It is one of my favorite places in Gulu. It opened in 2010 bu a Ugandan woman who spent a lot of time in the UK. When she returned she opened up the first coffee shop. They also have free wifi so while I am waiting for my latte, I thought I would take a moment and blog.

Last night I invited some of my friends who used to work at WVU but have left to work for other NGOs. It was so great to see them: Dora, who worked as the head psychosocial worker at the Children of War Cdngter; Phoebe, one of the development leaders at the Paicho ADP; Christine, the Koro-Bobi ADP director when I first came in 2008; Monica, the child sponsorship person who was responsible for several of the children Beth and I sponsor. Paul, the former Gulu Cluster director was not able to join us last night, but he was able to stop by briefly this morning as he drove his two children--Patricia and Johnathan--to school.

This afternoon they are bringing the remainder of the sponsored children to the Koro-Bobi office where we will meet them and give them the gifts that we have brought with us. After that we have a debriefing and head for the Boma Hotel where we will have dinner.

I think we are all still on a high after our visit to St. Thomas Moore School yesterday. Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment