Monday, November 7, 2022

Heading Home



 George, Sayuni, and I had a chance to debrief the marriage workshop this afternoon before I headed to Kilimanjaro Airport. The feedback we received was very positive. In fact one pastor is planning to have a marriage workshop at his church the first week of December and he wants George and Sayuni to lead it. This is exciting to us because our goal has been to train motivated people to go into their churches and areas and hold workshops for their congregations and villages. This was our first stab at training trainers and we are encouraged by the response. Most of the pastors and wives who attended are planning to go back to their communities and do the training.

On the way to the airport I actually saw Mt. Kilimanjaro!! This is my ninth visit to Tanzania and as I mentioned in my first post, I have never seen it on the ground in daylight--it has always been encased in clouds. My driver stopped by the side of the road so I could take a picture:


The day after the marriage workshop I had time to hear the story of Luka, one of the two people Geroge and Sayuni have helping them and who did some translation for me. He has an incredible story that I won't go into detail here, but he is a Maasai man and has made some decisions in following Jesus that has created a lot of hard feelings from his family. He married a woman, Brenda, who is from a different tribe and his parents have not accepted her. A Maasai man is supposed to marry Maasai women. He can't take his wife to his parents village, in fact. I was impressed with his faith, his attitude, and his work ethic. Here is a picture of Luka, Brenda, and their daughter, Mylene (which I think means "mercy' in Swahili).


I want to thank everyone who prayed for this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment